Sunday, March 20, 2016

Journal 19

For this journal entry I dug into the egregious amount of pop music I listened to in high school and came up with a very good song that uses multiple similes throughout it.  The song I have chosen is "Diamonds," by  Rhianna.  As I said it uses two simile in the song that and I will discuss both of them. The first simile that appears multiple times throughout the song is "You and I are like  Diamonds." This seemingly is comparing herself and another companion (friend, boyfriend, etc.) to diamonds meaning they are worth a lot to her and are something to be proud of. This simile is played many times throughout the song so it reiterated over and over again.  The second simile that is played frequently is "Shine bright like a Diamond." It is repeated more than the other one and it is saying that you as a person need to shine; however you shine best.  Be unique, be yourself, be who you are.  It is a very powerful song, by a very powerful artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment