Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Journal 1

A book that I thoroughly enjoyed reading in the past was a book entitled "The Outsiders," by S.E Hilton.  I read this book as part of a class project in 8th grade at Watertown Middle School. I found that this book gave great insight into two very different social classes that did not like each other. It gave me a very important look into how different social classes can treat and act towards each other.  It truly is a book I will always remember because of the important lessons it taught me.  A book that I strongly disliked reading was titled "The Heart of Darkness," by Joseph Conrad.  I read it, or tried to read it, my senior year of high school for my AP Language class.  It wasn't the plot line, or the characters, or the outcome of the story that I didn't like.  It was how the book read.  It was written in 1899 so the language of the novel was terrible, and for me at least, almost impossible to follow.  It was an incredibly confusing book that I couldn't for along with whatsoever, I wouldn't recommend the book to anyone!


1 comment:

  1. I loved The Outsiders too. It's one of the first novels I can remember staying up reading into the middle of the night because I just couldn't put it down until I knew what would happen to Pony Boy!

    ReplyDelete