Thursday, January 14, 2016

Journal 2

The story I have chose to reflect on is Cathedral by Raymond Carter due to its interesting plot line and the odd feeling the story left me.    The story is about a blind man and a married woman who share a certain connection throughout the story.  The husband has a very harsh and poor perception of how the blind man is towards his wife. The husband is a very down trodden person who refuses to view people that are different than him as equal. I personally believe that he is a poor man, he is very simple minded and the fact that he cannot understand a blind man for what he is is disturbing.  While reading some of the other blogs by students in this course I came across a point that I find very accurate and have decided to use it, and that is "It appears that the narrator is the blind one." I found this in Arielle's blog and find it to be very accurate upon reading this story myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment